Instinct tells me that a) Little Man will need surgery on his scrotum for his Hydrocele and b) he’ll likely need a DOC Band (helmet) for his positional plagiocephaly.  I don’t know why, but that’s what my gut is telling me.

If he does need a helmet, I don’t think our insurance will cover it.  Though the place I’m taking Little Man for an assessment told me that they DO fight for patients’ and often they will cover at least some of the cost. I’m hoping that, since Little Man also has a diagnosis of Torticollis, that UHC will cover something.

If not… well, I’d rather get us further in debt than NOT correct something that is correctable due to my son’s young age (13 weeks tomorrow).

So I’m taking him to see a urologist and to Cranial Technologies for a free assessment in early December. He’ll be close to 4 months old by then, but I’m told babies under 6 months show the best results. I’d go sooner, but Dude wants to go with me and he won’t have a free day before then. But I don’t feel that it’s too much of a wait.

Advertisements